As the humid days of summer come to a close, and the brisk fall air approaches, it’s the perfect time to get into running! Whether you’ve run through the heat, or you want to start something new, it’s important to have good running gear. Although there is plenty of high-quality running gear out there — from shoes, to clothing, to watches — we have come up with a list of some the best!
When running, it is important to have comfortable and supportive footwear. Not only will you feel comfortable and ready to run, but it can help prevent injuries. Whether you want optimal support, flexibility, or a lightweight technology, check out some of these running shoes:
- Asics Gel-Cumulus 21: Ideal for those who run primarily on their heels, these supportive and durable shoes use premium technologies for maximum comfort.
- Nike Zoom Pegasus 36: For both women and men, this sleek shoe design offers both comfort and durability.
- Adidas Ultraboost 19: The flexible mesh of this shoe moves with you while running, making for a comfortable and supported run.
- Saucony Triumph ISO 5: This high-quality shoe offers incredible cushion and traction on a variety of surfaces. They are also good for high-mileage training.
Not only do you want your shoes to provide the highest level of comfort and support, but it is important for your clothes to allow for movement and breathability. Whether you wear leggings, running shorts, or jackets, here are some of the best pieces of apparel for running.
- Running Shorts: For men, a popular choice of running shorts is the Brooks Go-To 5″ Short for a lightweight material that allows plenty of movement. For women, Brooks Running carries the Chaser 3″ Shorts.
- Leggings: Nike Pro 7/8 Cropped Leggings for women are a light, breathable fabric that helps to keep cool. They also remain secure during workouts. For men, Under Armour carries HeatGear Armour Mid Compression Shorts. These provide a second-skin fit, while allowing for breathability.
- Jackets: The North Face Men’s Apex Bionic 2 Jacket is perfect for a run in the cool air. With plenty of pockets for storage, this jacket provides enough room for movement without hanging too loose. For women, the Patagonia Airshed is a light, breathable jacket. It is a comfortable pullover, made for cooler days.
When running, you will want to track your progress and distance. It’s part of the fun, and helps to showcase your improvement as time goes on! There are a variety of running watches out there, so it’s all about finding the one that best suits you and your workout habits.
- Garmin Forerunner 945: With a long battery life, color maps with GPS and heart rate monitoring, this watch has it all. Additionally, it can generate round trip routes so you can run in new places without getting lost!
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active: Users can track 39 activities, sleep habits and even stress levels on this touch-screen watch.
- Apple Watch Series 4: This watch connects to your phone, but allows you to leave your phone at home and still function without it! It can also detect falls and can call emergency services if necessary.
Whether you are new to running or an experienced runner, having the right running gear will make running that much more enjoyable. Comfortable apparel and shoes are key to the perfect run. Furthermore, using a watch to monitor your activity can help you feel motivated and accomplished! If it’s a beautiful fall day, why not go for a run?
Arden Place Luxury Apartments is one of the top apartment communities in Charlottesville. Neither urban, nor rural, Arden Place offers the perfect location for road and trail running. Schedule a tour and see why we recently received the 2018 SatisFacts Resident Satisfaction Award.